Strategic Interest Groups
The EURAM Strategic Interest Groups (SIGs) were launched in 2009 during the EURAM Annual Conference.
The research themes cover broad and transversal management disciplines for which EURAM members have shown a nourished interest over the years. SIGs have their own governance structure, and are run by chairs together with program chairs and other officers whenever necessary (Consult the Rules and policies for Strategic Interest Groups here).
The SIG officers have gradually taken on increasing responsibilities in the programme building of the conference and contributing to other EURAM strategic activities by:
- Offering a SIG General Track;
- Running Standing Tracks, which attract a sustained interest over the years;
- Hosting more specialized topics and symposia. Topics can become standing tracks over time. In any case, there is always room to encourage proponents of emerging topics to gather like-minded researchers to start building communities;
- Providing time slots for the members of their SIGs during the annual conference such as kick-off & wrap-up activities and SIG;
- Organising social events as an opportunity to network among scholars sharing similar interests;
- Collaborating with the European Management Review for thematic special issues;
- Cooperating with the Doctoral Colloquium Chairs as well as the Early Career Consortium Chairs to welcome the more junior community within the Academy.
SIGs are also active throughout the year and propose workshops, seminars, conferences to their communities. Those events can be found here and in their respective webpages.
EURAM SIGs share the EURAM values of a professional community of engaged management scholars and reflective practitioners - open, inclusive, international and cross-cultural. EURAM also fosters courage, creativity, diversity and humanizing management research and practice.
All SIGs work on a voluntary basis within EURAM and we take this opportunity to thank the current SIG chairs for their dedication and guidance in advancing the research in their field.
Current SIG Chairs
Business for SocietyEdoardo Mollona, Chair
Corporate GovernanceNikolaos (Nikos) Kavadis, Chair
EntrepreneurshipMatthias Raith, Chair
Family Business ResearchGiovanna Campopiano, Chair
Gender, Race and Diversity in OrganisationsHamid Kazeroony, Chair
InnovationVivek Velamuri, Chair
International ManagementMarkus Kittler, Chair
Managing SportAnna Gerke, Chair
Organisational BehaviourZeynep Yalabik, Chair
Project OrganisingMartina Hueman, Chair
Public and Non-Profit ManagementAndrea Bonomi Savignon, Chair
Research Methods and Research PracticeBill Lee, Chair
Strategic ManagementAnabel Fernández-Mesa, Chair
- Strategic Interest Groups
- Business for Society
- Corporate Governance
- Family Business Research
- Gender, Race and Diversity in Organisations
- International Management
- Managing Sport
- Organisational Behaviour
- Project Organising
- Public and Non-Profit Management
- Research Methods and Research Practice
- Strategic Management
- General Conference Track