What is EURAM
The European Academy of Management is a learned society founded in 2001.
It aims at advancing the academic field of management in Europe. With members from 60 countries in Europe and beyond, EURAM has a high degree of diversity and provides its members with opportunities to enrich debates over a variety of research management themes and traditions.
For additional information about EURAM, you may download the Statutes, the latest General Assembly Minutes and the Financial Information.
The European Academy of Management (EURAM) was founded in 2001 and its head office is in Brussels, Belgium.
In 1999, the European Institute for Advanced Studies in Management (EIASM) took the initiative to invite management scholars to evaluate the opportunity to launch an association for general management in Europe.
The first annual conference was organised at IESE in Barcelona, Spain. Since then, EURAM has crisscrossed Europe from North to South and East to West.
Overtime, EURAM has developed programmes and activities to accompany members throughout their professional career lifecycle:
- Its own journal in 2003, the European Management Review with an impact factor of 1.33 (currently ranked 119/194)
- A Doctoral Consortium in 2006
- The Strategic Interest Groups in 2009 that continuously develop EURAM’s community
- A programme for European Directors of Research in 2009
- A programme for junior faculty, EURAM’s Early Career Consortium (EECC) in 2010
With close to 2.000 members, EURAM has quickly developed a community of engaged management scholars in Europe.
The Past Presidents of the Academy are:
- 2001-2006 - Joan E. Ricart, IESE (Founding President)
- 2006-2010 - Peter McKiernan, Strathclyde University
- 2010-2012 - Morten Huse, BI Norwegian School of Business & University of Witten/Herdecke
- 2012-2014 - Maurizio Zollo, Bocconi University
- 2014-2016 - Luca Gnan, University of Tor Vergata
- 2016-2018 - Sibel Yamak, University of Wolverhampton
The Past Vice Presidents of the Academy are:
- 2003-2006 - Per Olof Berg, Stockholm School of Economics
- 2011-2016 - Julienne Brabet, Université Paris Est Créteil
- 2016-2019 - Yehuda Baruch, University of Southampton
- 2014-2017 - Wojciech Czakon, Jagiellonian University
- 2003-2009 - Donatella Depperu, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore
- 2010-2013 - Luca Gnan, University of Tor Vergata
- 2003-2006 - Isabel Gutierrez, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid
- 2012-2013 - Michael Jacobides, London Business School
- 2012-2013 - Keld Laursen, Copenhagen Business School
- 2014-2017 - Hans Lundberg, Linnaeus University
- 2012-2013 - Margarita Mayo, IE Madrid
- 2007-2013 - Kathrin Moeslein, University of Erlangen-Nuremberg & HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management
- 2014-2017 - Anne-Katrin Neyer, Martin-Luther-University Halle Wittenberg
- 2003-2009 - Niels Noorderhaven, Tilburg University
- 2003-2006 - Fabrizio Panozzo, Università Ca' Foscari
- 2009-2010 - Arja Ropo, University of Tampere
- 2006-2009 - Lars Strannegaard, Stockholm School of Economics
- 2015-2017 - Salvo Tomaselli, Università degli Studi di Palermo
- 2010-2013 - Hans van Ees, University of Groningen
- 2014-2017 - Corinne Vercher, Université Paris 13 Nord
- 2006-2012 - Henk Volberda, University of Amsterdam
- 2014-2016 - Sibel Yamak, University of Wolverhampton
The Past European Management Review Editors are:
- 2003-2004 - Pierre Dussauge, HEC Paris
- 2004-2008 - Bruce Kogut, INSEAD
- 2008-2013 - Alfonso Gambardella, Bocconi University
- 2008-2012 - Maurizio Zollo, Bocconi University
- 2014-2018 - Mustafa Ozbilgin, Brunel University
The Past Conference Chairs are:
- 2001 - Joan E. Ricart, IESE
- 2002 - Per Olof Berg, Stockholm School of Entrepreneurship
- 2003 - Donatella Depperu, SDA Bocconi
- 2004 - Peter McKiernan, St Andrews University
- 2005 - Anne Sigismund Huff & Ralf Reichwald, TUM Business School
- 2006 - Johan Olaisen & Ken Friedman, BI Norwegian Business School
- 2007 - Thomas Durand, Ecole Centrale, Rodolphe Durand & Pierre Dussauge, HEC Paris & Maurizio Zollo, INSEAD
- 2008 - Milenko Gudic, University of Ljubljana
- 2009 - Terry McNulty, University of Liverpool Management School
- 2010 - Luca Gnan, University of Tor Vergata
- 2011 - Ruth Alas, Estonian Business School (†)
- 2012 - Henk Volberda, RSM Erasmus University
- 2013 - Sibel Yamak, Galatasaray University
- 2014 - Alejandro Escriba, University of Valencia
- 2015 - Dorota Dobija, Kozminski University
- 2016 - Julienne Brabet, Université Paris Est Créteil
- 2017 - Harry Sminia, Strathclyde Business School
- 2018 - Eythor Ivar Jonsson, University of Iceland
- 2019 - Nelson José Antonio, ISCTE-IUL
The European Academy of Management is a registered international non-profit association with scientific and pedagogical objectives, governed by the dispositions of Title III of the Belgian Law of June 27, 1921, relating to non-profit associations, international non-profit associations and foundations, as published in the annexes of the official organ "Le Moniteur Belge".
The Association’s registered office is currently established at Passager du Nord 19, 1000 Brussels, Belgium.
The current full Statutes (dated 2010) can be downloaded here.
New Statutes were approved by the General Assembly in 2019 in Lisbon. EURAM is currently in a transition phase to the new statutes until EURAM's General Assembly of 2021. They can be downloaded here.